Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Poems

I read too much Shakespeare & Browning so my recent poems are somewhat influenced by that style...err mostly the use of "Thee".

THE LOST ART
-17/05/06 © Gilainne Sytingco-

A lost poet seeking to be inspired
Wanders through the mind's recess
But illusive in nature
The Art cannot be found
Replaced by its doppelganger
Logic and text-book words
The drone of which
Leaves an empty shell.
As is a painter who is unable to paint
The writer is unable to write.
____________________

UNTITLED
-18/05/06 © Gilainne Sytingco-

The unskilled poet attempts to write
Nay, withdraw - I dare not be so deemed
For unworthy of the title 'Poet,' I am.

What is it to write - those artforms
called Verse?
Those magic words which dance on page.
To write is to dabble into dreams and
thoughts absurd.

In wishful thinking, I thought to attempt
to write
Inspiration I seek - and yet here I sit
-Uninspired.
My dull mind contains not beautiful words
As poetic forms simply elude.

And so I let myself be guided by thoughts
of thee
My hands scrawling the words of my heart...
Those feelings which I speak - not well
No easy feat - this I can tell.

I'll have you know that these days spent
without thee
Begin not with the rising and setting of
the fire-balled sun...
But...more simply with thoughts - of thee.

_______________

PERPETUITY'S END
-18/05/06 © Gilainne Sytingco-

Each night I further delay my rest
As I await perpetuity's end
For when the clock strikes two
'Tis your voice I hear
And so my days are lived one moment
less
As each of my Tomorrows seek
one of your Todays.
But this, not done at your behest.
______________

THE COUNTDOWN
-17/05/06 © Gilainne Sytingco-

For since that moment
Spent without thee
Each day I have counted
As they fell from thirty-four to
thirty-three.
Eagerly awaiting - now at twenty-one
Each day passed heralds the coming
of thee.
Heavy eyes - as I am lulled by night
I think: bittersweet sorrow...
As I sleep to dream - of you and me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home